6/28/2010

The Least Worst of.....

Never have I understood the title of the Type O' Negative best of album so well, given my most recent life affecting decision.

I have been out of work since approximately Feb 1st or so, with a lower back/lumbar/disc problem of some sort that also cause me, temporarily, to lose most feeling and a lot of strength in my right leg. After spending several months wondering if things were ever going to get better, if it would be better to just not wake up, I received the letter from work which stated that my job would be vacated if I did not return by a certain date.

Money has been tight. Due to a combination in once circum... well that's a story for another time. Suffice it to say that money has been tight. With the termination of my job, would go my health insurance.

So my options were

- Welfare, which would cover the health care costs, provide some ancillary benefits such as food stamps and such but would cost me my apartment.

-Unemployment, which would mean no more health coverage unless I could afford it on my own via the Cobra coverage, though the money would pay my bills and I would be able to attend school with extra financial aid. This last bit would probably be true of welfare as well.

-Return to work, which gives me my salary, and health care coverage.

I asked my doctor for a prescription pain killer, which I am certain that I would need to return to work, and spoke to my supervisor about not having to work 12 hour shifts anymore, and it turned out she eliminated those anyway, and got the evening shift, so returning to work turned out to be the least worst option...

Rest in Peace Peter Steele

No comments: