7/08/2005

A Little Bit About This Blog

Well my first post on my first ever blog, concerned the events of 7/7/05. But politics and war are not the only things that I will talk about, hopefully if any one ever reads this blog what I post will be of interest or at least give you a good laugh, either with me or at me.

My interests run through many areas and you may or may not see evidence of that here.

What am I reading now?

"Shadow Warriors: Inside the Special Forces" by Tom Clancy and Gen Carl Steiner (Ret).

So far so good.

Back to 7/7/05 for a minute, so far the response has been encouraging if not overwhelming. I am not a warmonger (and I have never served in the military) but I remember history. My Roman ancestors did not take shit from anyone. If you messed with them, your civilization died. Maybe its time that another one of these terrorist hot spots died, maybe Syria now? What if in response to every terrorist act, we destroyed via bombing the military and industrial assets of a nation, no need for a land invasion, just raise the cost of doing business.

I do know if I will have multiple small entries in the future or just some long (hopefully) well segmented entries. Probably both.

On the PC side, I am currently transistioning to Linux, I've tried Debian but was too new to get the gui to load. I then moved on to FC4 but getting DVDs to play has proved impossible so now I am going to try UBuntu. Let's see if this one works or if Linux is really a pipe dream.

No comments: